Monday, September 26, 2016

Bay Watch

They say write with conviction
Whether fact or fiction.

I'm drowning in my own mind
And my lifeguard, I swear he's sleeping.
Because every time I reach the surface,
I only hear my own cries for help, like a wounded animal.
It's bound to drawn in the predator.
I know what the predator looks like though, because I've looked in my mirror.
I've seen my reflection. The Entity staring right back through the glass.
No amount of tiptoeing or whispering will suppress the noise I make as I splash.
A splash that made no sound because nobody was around to hear it.
Yet, the ripple effect some how reached all my demons, like radio waves.
They picked up my signal and are tracking me as we speak.

They said to write with conviction,
So I wrote about affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment